Nordstrom is a major fashion retailer in the United States. Founded in 1901, it now has 204 stores in 28 states and an online store, as of 2010. Nordstrom works with merchants, manufacturers and partners throughout the world. To get an appointment with a buyer at Nordstrom, you must contact the corporate headquarters or meet a buyer at a retail trade show and present the buyer with a packet detailing your product.
- Contact the corporate headquarters of Nordstrom at 206-628-2111. You can also call the toll-free number, 888-282-6060. The corporate offices of Nordstrom are located in Seattle, Washington. You can speak to a customer service agent from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. EST (4 a.m. to 10 p.m. PST), but you should only call from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST (noon to 9 p.m. EST), when the offices are open.
- Ask the customer service agent to speak with a corporate buyer or the buying department.
- Speak to an assistant in the corporate buying department. Unless you have a direct number for a buyer, you must first speak with an assistant. Most likely, he’ll give you an address or email address where you can send a detailed proposal about your product. If a buyer is interested in the materials, then she will call you to schedule a meeting.
- Prepare a detailed buyers packet. This packet should include all relevant information about your product, company details, pricing points, delivery expectations and market plans.
- Attend a retail trade show. Buyers frequently attend trade shows and you may have an opportunity to meet Nordstrom buyers. Before you choose a trade show, find out if Nordstrom representatives or buyers will be there. That information should be available on the trade show website or brochure.
- Speak to a buyer when you have the opportunity and ask if you can give him your buyers packet. Buyers are extremely busy people, so be confident and concise when describing your product. If the buyer is interested, he may ask you to send more information to his office or agree to meet with you about your product.